The Canadian Commission for UNESCO (CCU) is calling for a Canadian Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism. This draft Preliminary Proposal for a coalition has been prepared by a Pan-Canadian Working Group lead by CCU. It is based on UNESCO’s initiative for an international coalition of cities against racism. The OHRC has lent its expertise and support to the CCU in developing the preliminary proposal.
In the next year, the OHRC, the CCU, and their partners will consult with municipalities, asking for their feedback on the Preliminary Proposal, and asking them to consider joining the Canadian Coalition.
- Call for a Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism and Discrimination
- View a copy of the draft Preliminary Proposal Calling for a Canadian Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism
PDF version (Acrobat 5 compatible)
- Read the June 16, 2005 news release announcing the release of the draft proposal and the Canadian Association of Statutory Human Rights Agencies’ support for the initiative
- Read the March 11, 2005 news release announcing OHRC’s involvement in the initiative
- Visit UNESCO’s Web site for more information on the international initiative www.unesco.org/shs/citiesagainstracism